Biochemistry is one of the three subjects taught in basic sciences. Biochemistry provides the basic knowledge about the chemical and metabolic processes taking place in human body. It has become the basis of the human knowledge to solve “mysteries” behind the diseases. The main aim of which is to lead man to a better life by alleviating human sufferings.
- Laboratories are well equipped with the latest facilities
- Students are taken for the visit to the biochemistry section of POF hospital
Academic Aims and broad objectives:
By the end of the two year taught course of Biochemistry, the students will be able to:
- Understand the Biochemical structure and function of cell.
- Know the chemistry and metabolism of macromolecules in human body including Carbohydrates, Proteins, Lipids and Nucleotides.
- Describe in detail the water and electrolyte balance of human body.
- Describe the biochemical role of hormones in functioning of human body and relate it to different diseases.
- Describe the basic mechanisms involved in role and functioning of genetic material of a human cell and importance of this knowledge in advancement of research in medical field.