MINIMUM ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS LOCAL / FOREIGN CANDIDATES
FOR LOCAL PAKISTANI STUDENTS:
- The candidate should have passed F.Sc Examination (Pre Medical) securing at least 60% marks in aggregate, unadjusted, from a Pakistani University or an equivalent examination of Board of Secondary Education in Pakistan.
- The candidate has passed an examination higher than the F.Sc of a Pakistani University with Biological Sciences provided he/she has passed the Intermediate Science (F.Sc. Examination) (Medical Group) securing at least 60% marks in aggregate, unadjusted, from a Pakistani university or an equivalent examination of a Board of Secondary Education in Pakistan.
- The candidate has passed any other examination of a foreign university or examining body which contains the subjects declared as essential by the PM&DC in scope and standard, is found equivalent upon certification by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) to F.Sc (Pre-Medical) with 60% marks from any Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan. The marks/grades must be equivalent to or more than 60 % as equated by IBCC. Address of the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen, is Plot No. 25,Street 38, G10/4, Near Federal Govt. Employees Housing Foundation (FGEHF), Islamabad, Phone: (051)9330251
FOR FOREIGN / OVERSEAS STUDENTS:
- The candidate who has passed an examination equivalent to intermediate level of Pakistan after study abroad from a foreign university or examining body or foreign education system with three subjects out of which Biology and Chemistry are essential with 60% marks in each as certified by IBCC to be equivalent to F.Sc. / HSSC/ intermediate. The equivalence by IBCC in the above terms shall be accepted in aggregate and the candidate shall be eligible for admission in the MBBS course with any study group whichever the IBCC may write.
- The candidate shall have to appear in the NUMS/UHS entrance test or in lieu of the entrance test, the candidate is required to have passed SAT-II examination with minimum score of 550 marks in each of the three subjects of which two have to be Biology and Chemistry or MCAT with a minimum aggregate score of 24.
- The candidate is required to present a valid TOEFL or IELTS with a minimum score of 500 or 5.5, only if the medium of instruction of study two years prior to application for admission/entrance test is not English. An alternate to TOEFL and IELTS is a certification by NUML Islamabad after a one year English language course.
NOTE : The admissions on foreign seats will only be allowed to the applicants having foreign credentials including valid passports.(Ref : PM&DC letter No 12-F-2015/Council-2015/284057 dated 11 Nov 2015)