Wah Medical College is situated about 40 kilometers away from the twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad. A large number of faculty, staff and students commute every day to WMC via transport facilities provided by the college. The transport buses are comfortable and reliable, driven by trained and experienced drivers to make sure that safety standards are maintained.
- Offer quality transport services at competitive and affordable charges to all faculty, staff and students who commute to and from WMC each day.
- Provide safe, friendly and healthy living environment to WMC boarders (and day-scholars when required) for satisfactory accomplishment of their study-goals
- Provide opportunities for students to socialize with their peers in a relaxed manner
- Make the boarders’ stay at WMC completely hassle-free and comfortable
Message by Transport Supervisor:
It is my job to make sure that the faculty, staff and students of WMC reach their destinations safely and punctually. I hope that this experience of daily commute is safe and enjoyable.
Sub. (R) Muhammad Azam
|S. No||Bus Type||Registration Number||Seating Capacity||Route||Designation|
|1||Hino Mini-bus||RIB – 2318||30||Reserve||Students/ staff|
|2||Hino Mini-bus||RL 2899||30||Rawalpindi||Students/ staff|
|3||Hino Mini-bus||RL 2901||30||Rawalpindi||Students/ staff|
|4||Hino Mini-bus||RIG 1051||35||Islamabad||Students/ staff|
|5||—||RLB 2319||35||Rwp. / Isl.||Students/ staff|
|6||Toyota Hi-ace||RIZ 1116||15||Rawalpindi||Faculty|
|7||Toyota Hi-ace||RIZ 1115||15||Islamabad||Faculty|
The reserve van travels on the route with the other vans and is available every day, in case any other vehicle faces any technical difficulty. This ensures that our commuters reach their destination without any problems and always on time.
- College transport is available to all out-of-town students on first-come basis.
- A monthly fee is charged, the amount of which is decided upon every year by the WMC Administration in consult with the Transport Committee. Charges may be inquired about from the Finance Department, Students’ Affairs or Transport Section. Last year the charges were Rs. 4500/ month.
- To secure seating in a point bus, the transport fees for the whole year or on monthly basis may be deposited at the start of each college term/ month with the WMC Finance Department and confirmation obtained from the Transport Section.
- Allotment of seating in college transport shall be decided by the Manager Transport (Sub (R) Muhammad Azam) for each student, based on routes and seating availability.
- Temporary Transport facilities for shorter periods are also available on monthly payment, however space availability is competitive.
- In case of emergency or security situations, the college administration ensures that the students leave the college premises early and are dropped off at their respective residences.
- Currently, transport remains suspended during long holidays/ examination study periods, as students are expected to go back to their home stations.
- For New Students, the eligibility for securing transport is dependent upon securing admission in WMC and receiving a Student Registration N
- All transportation details and queries shall be directed to the Manager Transport at WMC.