Q1.HOW MANY NEW STUDENTS ARE INDUCTED IN ONE ACADEMIC YEAR?
The maximum number of admissions in MBBS course at Wah Medical College (WMC) is 150, as approved by the PMC/PMDC.
Q3. WHICH ENTRY TEST IS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION IN WMC?
Admission requirements will be as per rules and regulations of PMC/PMDC and NUMS. For details visit https://numspak.edu.pk/news-detail/nums-entry-test-2022-for-admissions-in-mbbs-bds-session-2022-23
Q3. WHICH ENTRY TEST IS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION IN WMC?
Passing MDCAT for NUMS Entry is mandatory to apply for admission in WMC.
Q4. IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET ADMISSION IN WMC WITHOUT NUMS ENTRY TEST?
No, MDCAT for NUMS is mandatory for admission in WMC as per Regulations.
Q5. HOW SHOULD I APPLY AT WMC FOR ADMISSION?
After clearing MDCAT for NUMS, candidates have to apply online at National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS) website for admission in WMC. For more details visit www.numspak.edu.pk
Q6.ARE THERE ANY DEADLINES TO APPLY AT WMC?
Yes, applications can only be submitted within the stipulated timelines provided by NUMS. For details visit www.numspak.edu.pk
Q7.I AM A PAKISTANI WITH DUAL NATIONALITY. AM I ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION ON FOREIGN QUOTA SEAT?
Yes, if you meet the eligibility criteria as advertised by NUMS in the light of the PMC/PMDC regulations. For details visit www.numspak.edu.pk
Q8.I HAVE DONE O/A LEVELS FROM PAKISTAN, AM I ELIGIBLE FOR FOREIGN QUOTA SEATS?
No, Pakistani students who have passed HSSC equivalent qualification from foreign education system (i.e. O levels, A levels etc) in Pakistan are not eligible for foreign quota seats.
Q9.DOES MBBS PROGRAM HAVE AN AGE LIMIT?
There is no statutory age limit for admission in MBBS program.
Q10.WHAT WILL BE THE ADMISSION PROCESS?
After clearing MDCAT for NUMS, NUMS will display an advertisement for admission (for NUMS affiliated colleges including WMC) on their website (www.numspak.edu.pk).
For admission WMC:
Step 1: Display of merit list by NUMS (College wise).
Step 2: Submission of fee within due date to the college where the name of candidate has been announced in the merit list.
For WMC, due date for submission of fee will be announced by the WMC.
Step 3: Submission of documents in two phases:
Phase 1: (At start of admission Process)
- 01 Attested Photocopy of Matric/ Equivalence certificate (Issued by IBCC).
- 01 Attested Photocopy of FSc (Pre-Medical)/ Equivalence certificate (Issued by IBCC).
- 01 Photocopy of Entrance Test Result
- 01 Photocopy of Domicile
- 01 Photocopy Computerized National Identity Card/Form-B of the candidate
- 01 Photocopy of Computerized National Identity Card of the Father
Phase 2: (At start of classes)
- Original Matric/ Equivalence certificate (Issued by IBCC).
- Original FSc (Pre-Medical)/ Equivalence Certificate ((Issued by IBCC).
- Original Migration Certificate (NOC) from last Board attended (FSC)
- Matric/Equivalence certificate (03 attested copies & 07 without attestation)
- FSc (Pre-Medical)/ Equivalence Certificate (03 attested copies & 07 without attestation)
- Computerized National Identity Card/Form-B of the candidate (02 attested copies & 04 without attestation)
- Computerized National Identity Card of Father, Mother & guardian (if applicable) (02 attested copies & 04 without attestation)
- Certificate of Domicile (2 attested copies & 02 without attestation)
- Result of Entrance Test. (2 attested copies & 02 without attestation)
- Recent, twelve (12) passport size photographs with blue back ground. Also provide soft copy of photograph as well.
- English Proficiency Certificate if applicable (for Foreign quota seats only) • Medical examination at WMC.
- Hostel Residence Application Form, if required.
- The list of authorized Hostel Visitors if applicable.
- After securing the admission students have to provide COVID 19 Vaccination Certificate (Immunization Certificate) issued by NADRA.
Step 4: Commencement of Classes.
Q11.CAN I GET ADMISSION THROUGH DONATIONS IN WMC?
No, donations are not acceptable for admission in WMC (as the admissions are purely on merit).
Q12.DOES WMC PROVIDE HOSTEL FACILITY FOR THE APPLICANTS?
WMC operates separate on-campus hostels for male as well as for female students. Furthermore, undertaking on affidavit will be provided by the parents of hostelite students.
Q13.IS TRANSPORT FACILITY AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS COMING FROM RAWALPINDI/ ISLAMABAD?
Yes, air conditioned transport facility is available for students coming from Rawalpindi / Islamabad.
Q14.IS THE HEALTH COVER PROVIDED TO THE STUDENTS OF WMC?
Yes, medical cover for out and in-patient services are available at POF Hospital.
Q15.IS THERE ANY HEALTH INSURANCE POLICY FOR THE STUDENTS?
Yes, health insurance policy is mandatory for students.
Q16.WHAT IS IBCC EQUIVALENCE CERTIFICATE AND WHY IT IS NEEDED?
The Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) is a regulatory body that equates student high school qualifications other than the Pakistani system of education. Obtaining these equivalences is a mandatory statutory requirement without which students cannot be admitted / registered with the relevant regulatory bodies. Information about obtaining equivalences is available on the IBCC website http://www.ibcc.edu.pk
Q17.WHAT IS THE ACCREDITATION STATUS OF WMC?
College is recognized by the PMC/PMDC for imparting MBBS training and is affiliated with the National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS), Rawalpindi Public. Previously, Wah Medical College remained affiliated with the University of Health Sciences (UHS) Lahore, a public sector University. It is also included in the list of World Directory of Medical Schools.
Q18.HOW MANY BATCHES OF MBBS GRADUATES HAVE BEEN PASSED OUT SO FAR FROM WMC?
14 batches have graduated so far. 20th MBBS batch is being inducted in the session 2022-23.
Q19.IS HOUSE JOB OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE AT POF HOSPITAL FOR GRADUATES OF WMC?
YES, house job opportunity is available for all the graduates of WMC at POF Hospital.
Q20.WHICH HOSPITAL IS ATTACHED WITH WMC FOR TEACHING PURPOSE?
POF Hospital with 645 beds, one of the leading hospitals in the country delivering medical services and care to the people of Wah.12 bedded, IZAT ALI SHAH Hospital is also, attached with WMC.
Q21.WHAT CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE STUDENTS OF WMC?
Students enjoy sports activities in well maintained play grounds of WMC throughout the year. In addition, excellent grounds and sports facilities are available at POF sports complex, which is at a walking distance.
Q22.WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE OF VACATIONS FOR THE STUDENTS AT WMC?
Summer Break - Four weeks during June / July (tentative)
Winter Break - One week during Dec / Jan(tentative)
Q23.HOW FAR IS WAH CANTT FROM ISLAMABAD?
Wah Cantt is around 30 km away from Islamabad.
Q24.HOW IS THE CLIMATE AT WAH CANTT?
During summers, it is hot and humid with maximum temperature of around 40° C whereas, winters have minimum temperature of around 0° C.
Q25.IS THERE A CONTACT NUMBER FOR QUERIES REGARDING ADMISSIONS?
Yes, kindly call Students Affair Depttat +92 -051-9094113 & Mob #: 0320-5341511 or email at email@example.com for queries regarding admission.
Office hours (Monday to Friday): 0800am to 0300pm