Biochemistry is the branch of science concerned with the chemical and physicochemical processes and mechanisms that occur within the human body and cell.
- Biochemistry makes significant contributions to the fields of cell biology, physiology, immunology, microbiology, pharmacology, medicine and toxicology, as well as the fields of inflammation, cell injury and cancer. It enables a physician to understand a disease at molecular level.
- This discipline is taught in first two years of the MBBS program in integration with other discipline taught during this time.
- To train lifelong learners, equip them with core biochemical knowledge, ethics, morals and communication skills and enable them to effectively create a bridge between Biochemistry and applied medicine.
Subject Learning Outcomes
By the end of completion of 2 years the student should be able to:
- Apply knowledge of Biochemistry regarding metabolic changes leading to common clinical diseases and disorders in the Human Body
- Demonstrate Estimation of clinically important metabolites and enzymes in body fluids and co-relate their clinical importance in Diagnosis of Diseases, Disorders, Acid Base, Electrolyte and Hormonal Imbalance
Biochemistry is one of the subjects which help in building the foundation of the knowledge of a medical student. The aim of our faculty is to provide best of our services in providing this knowledge.
|Maj. Gen Prof Abdul Kaliq Naveed HI(M),(Retd),(HOD and Principal)
|Dr. Syed Touqeer Abbaas||Professor||MSc, M.Phil, PhD||More than 25 research publications, Enzymology, Tissues and Cells Culture, Heavy Metals|
|Dr. Zahid Mahmood||Associate Professor||MBBS, M.Phil,CHPE||08 research publications,Heart-type fatty acid-binding protein as a marker of Myocardial damage|
|Dr. Rabbiah Manzoor Malik||Asstt. Professor||MSc, M.Phil,PhD||10 research publications Proteomics,Network Analysis, Pathways Analysis|
|Dr Anas Khalil||Asstt. Professor||MBBS, M.Phil,CHPE||10 research publications Proteomics, Antioxidant|
|Dr. Kinza Tallat||Lecturer||MBBS|
|Dr. Sehrish Khan||Lecturer||MBBS|
|Dr. Ahsan Ali Syed||Lecturer||MBBS|